Internationalism and a global perspective are important in a world of growing connectivity. As a school, we think it is paramount to highlight the position that our pupils hold in the world and the impact that they can have globally.
- We strive to celebrate the diversity of our students in their cultural backgrounds and languages.
- We have had a strong link with a school in Uganda, helping to fundraise for the school to provide better boarding facilities for students studying at Mukono High School. Following this success, we have set up a pen pal exchange with our students and theirs, sending videos and letters to compare school life.
- We enjoy an exchange programme with a French school which allows us reciprocal visits to the south of France. We have also benefitted from annual visits from a school in the Netherlands. After the success of the visit this year, we are hoping to establish a digital change in the coming months. We have also recently launched a pen pal project with a school in Spain, which will allow pupils to communicate with native Spanish speakers.
- We are creating a link with a school in China for a visit at the end of this academic year.
- We have an established programme of visiting foreign students every summer term from countries all over the world, to encourage cross-cultural exchange, broaden our students horizons and enhance their experiences of other cultures.
We want to recognise the fantastic work our school does in creating a deep-seated international ethos through the accreditation of the International Schools Award.